Monday, June 11, 2007

Frankenmuth or Bust

Well we finally went on our post tax season get away. We went to the Bavarian Festival in Frankenmuth. The highlight was an $8 chicken dinner put on by the Rotary for Amanda, watching the dance at the maypole for Abby, and the carnival for the boys. Fun would not have been the word to use. Definitely a thumbs down for vacation stop. So on to the good stuff...

Friday morning we woke up and Rob took Abby up to get dressed. On the way the conversation...
"Abby what do you want to wear today"
"My princess dress"
"Oooh!"
She comes downstairs...
"Momma, look at me."
"Wow, Abby you look beautiful"
Abby would hear that the rest of the day. Look at the beautiful little girl. Looks at her dress and red curly hair. What a pretty girl. Look at that little girl, she is so cute. How pretty you look today!! Smile Smile Nudge Nudge!
"Abby can you say thank you."
"Shankum"

Next, we went to Unionville. Yes we know you have no idea where that is and it sounds like something out of Jan Karon's books in Mitford. Well you are pretty much right. We have some collage friends over there, so despite it's name we had a wonderful time with our friends and their 4, yes FOUR, boys. Were our kids in heaven! Abby too. Nicolas will you carry me. Noah push me on the swing. Nehemiah follow me. Mr. Parmenter I hurt my little pinky will you kiss it.

The boys had fun too. Playstation...a travel trailer...four wheelers...swimming in the neighbors pool... shooting BB guns...to name a few.

We ended out trip with a stop at Doozie's (not as yummy without Tammi making my Reese peanut butter cup and peanut butter syrup artic swirl) and supper with our dogsitters. Thank you Ken and Winnie.

Well that's all folks.

2 comments:

tammi said...

Mmmmmmm......Doozies. :)
They have no idea how much of a valued employee they lost when I moved from Mt. Pleasant. Hands down, I made the best arctic swirls EVER.

But....where's my bonus??

Well, let's not beat a dead horse.

Anonymous said...

Double Yummies on the Doozies...although with the new "Lifestyle change" (i.e. workout) cant eat ice cream...bummer