Monday, July 30, 2007

Funny athlete quotes:

Athletes have always been ridiculed for not being say the brightest... here's some good quotes to back that up.


Shaquille O'Neal: "I made a 1,600 minus 800 minus 200 on the SAT, so I'm very intelligent when I speak." - amazing

Shaquille O'Neal: "I'm tired of hearing about money money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok."

Shaquille O'Neal: "I've won at every level, except college and pro." - that about sums it up; must have been a phenomenal HS career

Mensa - Shaquille O'Neal, on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece: "I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."

Jason Kidd: "We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." - nice show Kidd, geometry was not kind to you was it?

Charles Barkley, on why he voted for President Bush: "My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, 'Hey, I'm rich.'" - gotta love Chuck

Charles Barkley: "People say I enjoy being famous. I don't. But what choice do I have?"

Alonzo Mourning, on winning the Defensive Player of the Year award: "I thank my teammates for letting their men blow by them."

Isiah Thomas: "If all I'm remembered for is being a good basketball player, then I've done a bad job with the rest of my life." - true - he's now also know for being an inept GM and coach.

Latrell Sprewell, commenting on his seeking an extension on a contract that will pay him $14.8 million this year: "I've got a family to feed." - I'm feeling his pain.

And last but not least my personal all-time favorite when Ewing was discussing fans' perception of NBA players as they were on strike for more $$$. He's obviously a genius.

Patrick Ewing: "We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money."

No comments: