Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Georgia or Bust!

Beginning and ending our vacation came with some unexpected surprises. This is truly expected for all vacationers, but I am led to believe this was a little exception to the rule.
NOTE: Trampoline before




NOTE: Trampoline after
Wednesday night we were introduced to the first of many big storms for the fall. We lost power about 7:30pm and it came on sometime after we left on Thursday. The news said the winds were in excess of 80 mph. As we have no trees or other houses close we experienced all 80 mph. The trampoline hit our swingset, broke a metal bracket off, pushed the climbing wall about a foot over which made the whole tree house lean.

The wind picked up the tramp, threw it into the corn about 100-200 feet ripping the net on the surround and braking the metal frame. It took me 3 hours to drag it out of the corn. Not how I was planning to spend the morning we were leaving for a week long vacation!
My next feat was to shower as I was wet and muddy from trapsing in the dirt. We have some gracious friends who live close by. Shelly Beach I can not tell you how thankful I am!!!!
I drag my 4 kids over in our pajamas, of course. We bathe, put laundry in their dryer and plug in the crockpot. Rob's dad comes over to help in the chaos and we are finally on the road at 4 hoping to get a half hour south of Indianapolis before midnight. Thus ends day one of vacation...

2 comments:

tammi said...

yikes!!
What a bummer!

Unknown said...

Not the way you planned, but you have to admit it added a lot of excitement to the start of the trip.

Dad