Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Discussions you never imagined you'd have...

Do you ever have a conversation and while it's goin on you are thinking in your head, " I can't believe this conversation is happening!" I was lucky enough to have one with Johnny tonight.

After getting home from work, I was fixing dinner and heading to the pantry closet... for those of you who have never been to our house this closet is in our half bath/laundry room right around the corner from the kitchen...

Johnny is sitting there doing some business and the conversation starts

J: Daddy?
Me: yup
J: What are you doing?
Me: Making dinner
J: I've got a big poop coming...
Me: That's nice.
J: Do you want to hear it splash?
Me: No, not really
J: Are you sure it's going to be cool?
Me: I'm pretty sure
J: Do you want to cook it?
Me: Cook what?
J: My poop!
Me: What did you say?
J: MY POOP!
Me: No way you are gross!
J: [boyish laughter]

A minute later as I'm now in the kitchen:
J: Daddy!
Me: What?
J: Come look at my poop!
Me: No way!
J: Please it's really big! Like a snake!
Me: What kind of snake? A garter snake or anaconda?
J: Ummmmm Ummmmm I don't know. But a big snake! Please come see it!
Me: Fine
J: See it is really big!
Me: Yup, do you want me to get camera?
J: Yes
Me: No way, I was just kidding...
J: Please (many times)
Me: No (many times)

J: Daddy
Me: Yup?
J: Was that a man poop?
Me: Yes Johnny that was man poop!
J: [proudly] Cool!

So now all of you ladies should have a better grasp of how man's brain works and the types of goals and ambitions we aspire to.

Anyone else have these conversations?

Aren't you glad I didn't get the camera???????

4 comments:

tammi said...

That had Steve and I both laughing loudly. Sounds like something that would happen around here! LOL
That's one to save for the scrapbook!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to blackmail him with that when he gets older....I have one on Robby and now Johnny!! I love it!
Alisa ;)

TendrHart said...

This was so funny Rob that I printed it out and have had it in my beauty shop for all the customers to read. Everyone has laughed out loud. Thank you for sharing one of lifes high points. :)

Auntie Dee

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, I'm a friend of Steve and Tammi and just followed Tammi's link here.

I've had frighteningly similar conversations with grown men at work... unfortunately WITH photo evidence!!