Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Pwince and Pwincess


As many have been sick this week, including mom, we pulled out mom's favorite movie, Pride and Prejudice. Big sigh by most I can hear it already; but, to my delight, my kids actually enjoy the movie immensely. Abby called it "our girls movie" and the boys would be watching it while playing gamecube and eventually gave up video games altogether. It makes the literary and mom side of me smile.



The scene in the movie:



Mr. Darcy, wearing a top hat, is riding his white steed to meet Lizzie after they met at Pemberly the day before.





Abby: Is that the pwince?

Mom: Yes.

Abby: I wish is could mawy the pwince.

Mom: I know Abs.

Abby: When I go in the movie, I could mawy the pwince. But I to small.

Mom: I know. Sorry Abbers.

Abby: That's ok....Mom,

Mom: Yes.

Abby: Will you mawy me?

Mom: I would love to.



Abby gives mom a big romancy kiss, eyes closed and head moving back and forth, and everything. We both smile and live happily every after.







The following day Abby and Johnny were in the boys room. Johnny, who limits his make believe play when around Abby, puts on the Polar Express soundtrack and they begin to dance. After a while, he asked Abby to switch to her Belle dress, as he called it, and he dressed up in a bear costume.


























Beauty and the Beast





And they end with a kiss...





The END

1 comment:

tammi said...

How adorable! :)

i see that even through illness you've been working on the loft. :)